Fruity

A quick break from all of the trip posts. Contrary to how I sometimes feel, life didn't quite come to a grinding halt as soon as we got back, and we have actually been doing stuff. Including knitting some fruit.


I've been off the knitting wagon for ages and ages (a year, anyway) but suddenly felt the need to dig out my needles again. And this is the result!

I started out with the apple, which I knit up in about an evening. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and Espen (its intended recipient) loves it too. He likes to pretend to take bites out of it, and thinks it makes a great ball.

Then, because the apple was so quick and satisfying to make, I decided to make a pear as well. It was equally quick and easy to make, although I'm not quite so delighted with its looks. Oh well.

If this pattern holds, we should be looking at an entire fruit bowl by the end of the week. We will see!


Comments

  1. This is brilliant! And I'm so madly jealous of your mad knitting skills - it makes me mad.

    Only not really.

    But really with the being impressed part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your return to knitting! The fruits are fantastic! I bet they are great all around toys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts